Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Scale hasn't reflected but I feel a difference

Over the past three weeks, I've been pretty diligent about going to the gym but my eating habits are still horrible hence the lack of movement on the scale.

In a previous post, I commented on the challenge I had on the treadmill; I'm thrilled to announce that I have overcome that and can knock out a 30 minute session combining walking & running. Gradually, I will be increasing the amount of running & decreasing the amount of walking per session. I'm registered for the Coogan's 5K which is taking place on March 4th. I participated in this event last year but I didn't train properly. I'm reversing that this year and would like to take 10 minutes off my completion time.

I'm also swimming 3 days per week. In a previous post, I included a link to a swim training program that I'm following. The pool at my gym is 25 yards long and I've noticed that I would lose counts of laps I've done; I found a lap counter online, ordered one & should receive it by the end of the week.

Last summer, my husband bought me a bike. My goal is to do a century this year. I have been on the stationary bikes at the gym but once the weather warms up, I plan on doing a few training rides with my brother.

Every other day, I have been hitting the weight machines.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment