Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Enough with the celebrities who lost oodles of weight in a short period of time.

I'm down 65 pounds so far and it's been a tough road. I just have to put it out there that I am sick and tired of seeing celebrities getting front page coverage for losing 50+ pounds on 4 months.

Time to poke holes in this crap. I don't have a personal chef who will take care  of my 3 daily squares and I don't have a personal trainer who will make house calls to work with me 2-3 hours per day, 7 days a week. Another thing to put out there is that when you have a baby, you will lose not only the weight of the baby but you will lose the amniotic fluid, sac, etc. and that can be between 15-20 pounds.

Yes, I do know somebody who did lose 45 pounds in 3 months but she busted her ass to make that happen and she continues to bust her ass to keep that weight off.

This is a lifestyle change.  When you take out certain foods or put in other restrictions, you're running the risk of putting on the weight you lost when you get back on "real food."

It took me 7 months to drop 50 pounds. In my younger days, it was easy for me to drop 20 pounds pretty quickly by hitting the gym for a few weeks or cutting out some stuff but as quickly as I lost it, those pounds found a way to get back on.

Rant over.

4 comments:

  1. Kudos to you Liz for your quest. You are going a marvelous job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost 87 pounds and it took a year and a half. I totally changed my habits and now 10 years later have not gained that weight back...my secret> don't eat anything white...and when you crave chocolate...a mini tootsie roll will do the job quick, after a while bad carbs and sugar don't taste as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did it right by working on your loss slowly and by maintaining the habits you picked up during your weight loss process.

      Delete