Saturday, November 2, 2013

Getting stronger/faster

I ran a 5K today and it was personal best so far. When I did my first 5K in 2011, I was basically untrained and my pace was 15:08; I wasn't disappointed with the time considering it was my first race and I didn't put a heck of a lot of effort with training. I was thrilled to see that today's race was done at an 11:24 pace, which means that I trimmed almost 4 minutes from the pace of my first race. My previous PR was hit in August for another 5K at a pace of 12:11. This will be my last 5K until March 2, 2014. I'm registered for other races between now and then ranging from 4 miles to a half-marathon. A lot of my training over the next few months will focus on longer distances. I will be curious to see what my pace will be in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment