Sunday, May 26, 2013

30 day challenges

In recent weeks on Facebook, a number of my connections have been posted various images for 30 day challenges they are planning to undertake. I guess it's in preparation of the warmer weather & the need to want to firm up certain parts in anticipation of wearing clothes that require less coverage.

I have been placing a heavy focus on cardio (especially the treadmill) and have been doing weights about 2-3 times per week. I understand the need to perform weight-bearing exercises to help speed up my metabolism. I'm about 40 pounds down & the inches have been melting away but my abs remain problematic and that's annoying when I try on pants that fit well everywhere else on me except my gut!

I found this set of ab work to be straightforward.

It's been a while since I've done serious situps (at least 20 years) and I have been treating crunches as an afterthought but I'm forced to tackle both exercises here. I was introduced the planks when I was seeing a personal trainer before I got married but I wonder if I'm doing my leg lifts properly.

I look forward to the results that should be there at the conclusion of the 30-day period but one thing to keep in mind is that abs are made in the kitchen & not the gym. I realize that a lot of folks have been following this program but if their eating habits are horrible, the results won't be as great.

I'm also doing the squat challenge. I have been doing a considerable amount of lower body exercises on weights but I have been told that any exercises that rely on your own body weight will produce greater results.

I do the squats on the same day as the abs exercises.

A few weeks ago, I was at a thrift shop to pick up some clothes (since buying a series of new wardrobes during my weight loss is cost-prohibitive) and I saw an Alfred Angelo evening gown (which I can use for an event at the end of July). The label said that it was a size 16 and I tried it on out of curiosity only to be thrilled that it fit in most places but my boobs were too big! I did a search to see what exercises I can do to reduce my bust line and learned that push-ups would be the way to go. Every other day, I do 6 sets of 15 push-ups.

Can't wait to go clothes shopping at the end of the 30-day challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment